August 18, 2021 – Please note that parents will receive their child’s “school transportation information” directly on Mozaik this year. Next week (week of August 23rd), your child’s school will inform you (parents & tutors) when the portal is open and available with the 2021-2022 school year information. Thank you!
Message from the School Transportation Service
The ministerial guidelines lead us to believe that, from the beginning of the 2021–2022 school year, the number of students on vehicles will no longer be regulated by special COVID-related public health instructions. In this sense, we are currently working on organizing our school routes in accordance with the vehicles’ normal capacities.
Here are the services that will be available in 2021–2022:
- Available seat (for students residing in “walking” distance of their in-zone school or students outside their school zone)
- Transportation to a second address (alternate address or shared custody)
- Students who are eligible for transportation whose parents had decided themselves provide transportation to their child(ren) in 2020–2021 will be reassigned to school transportation
Please complete the 2021–2022 available seat request form and send it duly completed to your school’s secretary along with the payment by cheque. All requests received before July 5, 2021, will be processed for the start of the school year.
Please complete the 2021–2022 second address request form and send it duly completed to your school’s secretary. All requests received before July 5, 2021, will be processed for the start of the school year.
For a second transportation address in the case of shared custody, please notify your school’s secretary so that she can specify the need for transportation in the student’s file. There is no form to complete.
New for 2021–2022
- Students who are enrolled Monday to Friday (5-days / full-time) in daycare (morning, afternoon or both periods) will not be assigned transportation for the full-time period. If their situation changes during the year, parents must inform the daycare service and transportation for eligible students will be assigned within 72 hours. Students who are enrolled in daycare for 4 days or less will keep the bus on file.
- To help us organize the school transportation service as efficiently as possible, we would appreciate it if parents who wish to transport their child(ren) themselves during the 2021–2022 school year, could please inform us thereof by clicking HERE. If the situation changes during the year and the need for transportation returns, please inform your school’s secretary and transportation will be reassigned to eligible students within 72 hours.
- Seats will be assigned to students at the beginning of the school year and will be accessible through the Mozaïk portal. Public health may ask us for seat assignment plans in case should there be a resurgence of COVID cases, so we will be prepared for this eventuality. Students will be expected to respect their assigned seats at all times.
Message to parents whose children travel on RTL Buses
The Réseau de Transport de Longueuil (RTL) will once again produce a massive number of OPUS cards for the 2021–2022 school year and these will be delivered directly to your child’s school. The school will give your child his or her OPUS card on the first day of school or during the technical orientation day, if applicable.
The RTL will be able to produce OPUS cards from a list that will be provided to them by the School Board during the month of July. Students entered on this list will be those who have an active file with the school as of July 1, 2021 and who are eligible for public transportation. There is no consent form to be completed this year. For your information and in the interest of transparency, we inform you that the following personal information of the student will be communicated to the RTL: last name, first name, date of birth, and photo. The fee for producing an OPUS card is $15, which will be automatically deducted from the RTL refund cheque issued in the spring.
Please note that if your child does not require an OPUS card for the 2021–2022 school year or if you do not agree with us sharing this personal information with the RTL, you must notify us by clicking HERE, otherwise the OPUS card will be produced and the $15 fee will be automatically deducted from your refund. You have until July 5, 2021, to notify us.
To create the OPUS card, the RTL will use the student’s school photo on file for the 2020–2021 school year. Most students have their photo on file, but those who do not (new students to the School Board in 2021–2022, students who did not have their school photo taken in 2020–2021, students registered after July 1, 2021…) will not be able to receive their OPUS card this way. These students will have to go directly to the RTL ticket counter to obtain their OPUS card by making an appointment at http://www.inscriptweb.com/RTL. (Note that the same personal information will be requested at the ticket counter). Students who do not have a school photo on file will be notified by email during the summer.
For those who will have to go to the ticket office, make sure you bring the following to your appointment:
- Photo ID (health insurance card, driver’s license, passport, Refugee Protection Claimant document or permanent resident card). N.B.: The student card IS NOT an accepted piece of ID.
- The duly completed Application form for photo OPUS card with the seal of the academic institution as proof of full-time enrolment. N.B.: The seal is required only for students age 16 and over.
- An accepted payment method: cash, debit, or credit card. The card costs $15 for reduced-fare users.
67.2 A public body may, without the consent of the person concerned, release personal information to any person or body if the information is necessary for carrying out a mandate or performing a contract for work or services entrusted to that person or body by the public body. In that case, the public body must(1) see that the mandate or contract is in writing; and(2) specify in the mandate or contract which provisions of this Act apply to the information released to the mandatary or the person performing the contract, as well as the measures to be taken by the mandatary or person to ensure the confidentiality of the information and to ensure that the information is used only for carrying out the mandate or performing the contract and that it is not kept after the expiry of the mandate or contract. Moreover, before releasing the information, the public body must obtain a confidentiality agreement from every person to whom the information may be released unless the person in charge of the protection of personal information does not consider it necessary. A person or body carrying out a mandate or performing a contract for services referred to in the first paragraph must notify the person in charge without delay of any violation or attempted violation of an obligation concerning the confidentiality of the information released, and must also allow the person in charge to verify compliance with confidentiality requirements. The second paragraph does not apply if the mandatary or person performing the contract is a member of a professional order. Subparagraph 2 of the second paragraph does not apply if the mandatary or person performing the contract is another public body.
Riverside School Board (RSB) is an English school board whose vast territory is located in the Montérégie region. We transport more than 8,700 elementary and high school students to our schools, as well as other educational institutions during the morning and evening. In order to do this, we use 71 big yellow buses, 26 minibusses, and 35 berlines. More than 17, 000 km are traveled every day by our vehicles.
Safety is vital on board the school bus
Safety is a shared responsibility between the school board, the parents, and the children…
- For complete details of the rules, please refer to the Transportation Policy. Click here to view some of the important safety rules to follow.
- Click here to view the danger zones around the school bus and to see the proper and safe way of crossing the street when descending the school bus.
- The Association du transport écolier du Québec (ATEQ) has produced eight fantastic web videos that focus on safety around school buses. These videos are intended for children and are excellent learning tools that encourage safe behaviors. Click on the logo below to watch the videos (available in French only).
For questions regarding your child’s school transportation, please call 450 672-4010 ext. 5080 or communicate by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that you can find information on your child’s bus (number, stop, time) on the Parents Portal at mozaïkportail as of Friday, August 21, 2020.