Taxation Informative Counter
Due to the current Coronavirus Crisis, the information counter will be temporarily closed. Should a taxpayer have any questions regarding his/her tax account (change of address or any other additional information), we can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com , and/or by telephone at 450 672-4010 ext. 5070 – Listen to the recording and follow instructions. Thank you.
We have been informed that taxpayers have been phished by text messaging and email. The subject of the message mentioned “Taxation Scolaire Québec (TFP)”.
Notice for Notaries
Subscribing to TFP Internet Site
Riverside School Board provides an Internet service to access and use data pertaining to school taxes. You may register to the consultation site by completing and signing the Agreement Form for use of confidential information.
Once signed, please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 450 465-8809.
After receiving your complete form, we will send you all the necessary information to access TFP Internet.
A fee of $20 will be charged per consultation. You may consult your file at all times to view your statement.
Any delay in payment of the required fees will result in an interruption of service.
INFORMATION FOR TAXPAYERS CONCERNING SCHOOL TAXES
Amendments to school taxation
According to Article 310 of the Education Act adopted December 14th, 2006, the school board, beginning in 2007-2008, averages the increase over a two, three or four year period in order to alleviate the impact of the considerable escalation of municipal property evaluations.
This Act is also instrumental in limiting the increase of school taxes imposed on municipal taxpayers to the average growth of the expenditures of the school board.
2022-2023 School Taxes
- The Government of Québec has set the tax rate. As declared by the law on public instruction, the unique tax rate calculated by the Ministry has been established for all resident owners.
- Riverside School Board covers six (6) French Service Centers.
- Required by law, the tax rate appears on your invoice:
Tax rate per 100$ of evaluation 0.1024
To know your territory, please consult the Carte interactive des réseaux d’enseignement du Québec.
For more information, please visit the Education et Enseignement supérieur website.
Payment of School Taxes
- If your bill is less than $300.00, the payment will be in one installment, August 8, 2022.
- If your bill is equal to or greater than $300.00, the payment of the school taxes will be in two installments.
- The first installment is August 8, 2022. The second installment is on November 8, 2022.
The interest rate to be assessed on arrears is 7% until June 30th, 2021. The interest rate will be 5% beginning July 1, 2021, and may be subjected to change without warning according to art. 316 LIP.
Receipt of School Tax Bill
The school tax bill have been be sent by mail on July 6, 2022. The period covered by the school tax bill corresponds to the school year; July 1st to June 30th of the following year. The school tax bill contains two coupons and arrears are added on the 1st installment.
- Electronic system (internet or telephone);
- Directly at your financial institution;
- Courier, using the response envelope included with your invoice;
- Through your mortgage broker, if they offer this service.
No tax payments will be accepted at the tax counter.
Due to the current Coronavirus crisis, the information counter will be temporarily closed. Should a taxpayer have any questions regarding his/her tax account (change of address or any other additional information), we can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com and/or by telephone at 450 672-4010 ext. 5070.
Business hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
*Obtain direct access to your school tax bill on the following website: https://secure.rsb.qc.ca/tfpinternet
Click on – VISITOR – to access the tax roll and your school tax bill.
French or English Language School Board?
- If your children attend a school under the jurisdiction of Riverside School Board, you must pay school taxes to Riverside School Board (Education Act, Section 304). To signify this situation, a Notice to taxpayers must be submitted to us before April 1st.
- If your children attend schools under the jurisdiction of Riverside School Board AND a school under the jurisdiction of a French school board, you must pay school taxes to both school boards. The school taxes are proportional to the number of children admitted to each school board (Education Act, Section 304).
- If you do not have children attending a school under the jurisdiction of a French or English school board, you may pay school taxes to the school board of your choice. Such a choice must be submitted in writing by April 1st (see Notice to Taxpayers). However, if you have not specified a preference, and your name is registered on the electoral list of a particular school board, you must pay school taxes to that school board (Education Act, Sections 305 and 306).
New or Previous Owner?
- If you are the new owner of a property, you must pay the tax bill even if it is addressed to the previous owner in order to avoid paying interest charges and inform us of the name of the new owner.
- If you have sold your property in recent months, return your tax bill to us as soon as possible with the mention SOLD.
- No official receipt will be issued. It is recommended that you retain the upper part of your tax bill for your records as it may be of use for your provincial income tax declaration.
- Bank administration charges for NSF cheques will be applied to the school tax bill, as well as administration fees for the withdrawal or deferral of postdated cheques.