According to Ministry directives, in order to be eligible for distance education, your child must have a medical note exempting them from physically attending school.  This medical note must make direct reference to your child, naming them and stating that they cannot be present at school. The medical note cannot solely state a parent’s medical condition, for instance. If you have not already submitted it, the medical note must be sent by email to virtualschool@rsb.qc.ca as soon as possible.

General Information

Registration for the 2020-2021 school year

For registration purposes, you must present a birth certificate bearing the names of both parents, as required by the Ministry of Education.

For 4-year-old Kindergarten, your child must be 4 years of age by September 30th of the current school year.

List of 4-year-old Kindergarten Classes offered for the 2020-2021 school year
  • St. Jude (2 classes)
  • St. Mary’s (2 classes)
  • Harold Sheppard (1 class)
  • Cedar Street (1 class)
  • Terry Fox (1 class)
  • St. Lawrence (1 class)
  • Good Shepherd (1 class)

For 5-year-old Kindergarten, your child must be 5 years of age by September 30th of the current school year.

For grade 1, your child must be 6 years of age by September 30th of the current school year.

In order to qualify for English Instruction in Québec public schools, students must meet certain eligibility criteria under the Charter of the French Language as set out by the Québec government. See the Eligibility for English Instruction page. 

Programs and School Zones for the 2020-2021 School Year

Policy on Enrolment Criteria

To register your child with special needs, please follow the same registration process as for all students new to Riverside. You may also contact the Director of Complementary Services to better address the particular needs of your child: click here.

New arrivals:

If you will be arriving on Riverside School Board territory mid-year, please contact us. We will provide the necessary information about our elementary or secondary schools. 

Please refer to the taxation section for information concerning the imposition of school taxation.

Contact Us

Lori O’Flaherty
Executive Secretary 
Tel.: 450-672-4010 Ext. 6174
Email:  lori.oflaherty@rsb.qc.ca