Mission / Vision / Values
The mission of Heritage Regional High School is to collaboratively ensure a learning environment for students to maximize their potential as life-long learners through academic success, participation in school life and preparation for global citizenship.
Our vision is to provide the highest quality education by focusing on developing varied programs in response to individual student needs. Within a safe and healthy environment for all, we promote high academic standards and develop leaders for the 21st century. Staff and students work together to continuously improve and to develop effective collaborative teams.
We promote respect for oneself, others, the environment and the diversity of our school community.
We value excellence in varied programs, academics, leadership by students and staff, the arts, athletics, community involvement and life skills.
We have pride in our accomplishments and in our school.
– General Secondary Program (English)
– International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program
– Sports Excellence Program
– Work Oriented Training Programs (Pre-work and Semi-skilled)
– Post-Immersion Program (français langue maternelle)
– Fine Arts Focus Program
– iCan Program (Innovative Computer Applications and Networking program)
– Special Education specialists
– Social Worker
– Nurse, Doctor
– Spiritual Animation
– Community Awareness Program
– Literacy Support Program
School Life Activities
– Leadership Program (Student Council, House System, Advocacy Homerooms, Prefects, Leadership course, Athletics, Academic Mentors)
– Student Mentoring
– Transition to High School Program
– Structured Academic Support Plan
Building features, special facilities
– 6 gymnasiums
– 12 science labs
– 6 computer labs
– wireless access throughout
– swimming pool
– skating rink
– 2 synthetic soccer fields
– outdoor track and field facilities
– 2 weight training rooms
– fitness center
– television studio
– 3 dance studios
– 2 music rooms
– library (skylights) with 27,000 volumes (including books in both French and English) and internet access
– 585 seat auditorium