Philosophy / Mission / Objectives
The Educational Project of Centennial Regional High School promotes the active participation of all partners in the development of our students’ skills, confidence and ethic to contribute in a meaningful and diversified manner to present and future society. To this end, we provide the opportunities, challenges and assistance required to support the personal, social and academic growth of our students.
We strive to give every member of our school community a sense of belonging, accomplishment and of school and personal pride. It is our intent that everyone who comes through our doors feels that: “I am Centennial; Centennial is me.”
We value :
- Celebration of Diversity
- Development of the Well-rounded Student
- Promotion of a Healthy Lifestyle
- Personalization of the Student’s Educational Experience
- Inclusion of All Members of the School Community
- Preparation for Life Beyond High School
- Innovation and Responsiveness in Our Pedagogy
– Middle School Program
– Talented and Gifted Program
(TaG – Math & Science and Liberal Arts Program)
– French Mother Tongue/Post-Immersion
– Creative and Performing Arts
– Business and Career Education
– Personal Development
– Literature and Literary Production
– Mathematics and Science and Technology
– Sports, Fitness and Recreation
Services are available for students all grade levels :
– Centennial Inclusion Aides
– Core Teacher Concept (Middle School)
– Pavillon Foster
– Department of Guidance and Counselling
– Hand-timetabling (Middle School)
– Health Services
– In-Class Resource Support
– “Looping” (Middle School)s
– Monday Mentors Program
– Orientation Day (Incoming Sec. I Students)
– Peer Counselling
– Peer Tutorials
– Planning Room
– Project L.O.V.E. (Leave out ViolencE)
– Resource Room
– S.O.S. (Stay Overtime at School) Study Hall
– Special Counsellors (social/emotional support)
– Student Support Centre
– Summer Camp (Incoming Sec. I Students)
– Teacher Tutorials
– Y.I.E.L.D. Program
School Life Activities
– Strong Student Leadership program.
– Extensive co-curricular program offering outstanding opportunities in athletics (over 50 teams/year) and the Creative and Performing Arts (In Living Colour Multicultural troupe, Follies, Big Show, Dance Show, Junior Play, Senior Play), as well as several clubs and special activities. Also, countless student-initiated projects round out the options available to the student body.
Caractéristique d’établissement / Caractéristique spéciales
– Award-winning Library.
– 9 Science and Technology labs and workshops.
– newly renovated Cafeteria.
– Creative and Performing Arts Wing.
– 4 Gymnasia
– Fitness Centre.