FAQ for Youth Sector

What documents do I need to submit when I make an online application to your school?

Prepare the following documents with English or French translation done by a certified translator*:
-Legible copy of student’s Birth Certificate
-Legible copy of student’s passport
-Copy of student’s academic transcripts
-Copy of parents’ identity document showing their respective photo and signature
-Copy of Guardian’s Canadian passport or Permanent Resident card

* Translation must show the name, signature and stamp of the certified translator

What official documents do I need to apply before coming to Québec to study? How long will it take to obtain those documents?

Every international student, irrespective of the age and length of intended stay in Québec, will need to apply for the Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ).  If the student plans to study in Québec for more than 6 months, or if they cannot apply an eTA to come to Canada, they should apply for a Study Permit as well, after the approval of their CAQ.  The CAQ will take about at least 1 month to process, and the Study Permit will take about 3 months.

How much are the annual tuition fees for a youth international student? How do I make payment? When is the deadline for payment?

In addition to the non-refundable application fee of $210, the annual tuition fees for a youth international student are about $14 000 for the school year 2023-2024.  Other costs may apply.  The instructions for payment are specified in the Statement of Account, which will be sent to the parents when their child’s application is approved.  The full amount of tuition fees is payable at least 14 days before the first date of school.

I am a youth student (i.e., under 17-year-old), how long can I study in your school?

Our schools are English public schools, a youth international student can study in our schools for a maximum of 3 years, depending on the CAQ and the Study Permit eventually obtained. We can accept short stays, such as 3 or 5 months, depending on the spaces available in our schools.

Do you accept elementary students?

The acceptance of elementary students depends on the capacity of our elementary schools.  Please email infointernational@rsb.qc.ca for enquiry before you make an online application in our True North portal.

Do you provide homestay for international students?

Yes, we can arrange homestay for our international students at additional costs.

How can I obtain a Québec high school diploma?

To obtain a Québec high school diploma, the student must gain 54 credits in 2 years – Sec 4 (grade 10) and Sec 5 (grade 11) – in a Québec school.

Is there any English requirement for youth students?

To be accepted into RSB International Student Education Program, we require that students have an intermediate to advanced level of English so that they can comprehend, perform and pass each subject. Please note that there is an English Language requirement:
 Secondary III students will need a B1 level (IELTS exam level of 4.5 to 5.5 or TOEFL 32-59) + our local oral examination
Secondary IV and V students will need a B2 level (IELTS exam level of 5.5 to 6.5 or TOEFL 60-93) + our local oral examination.

Is there a deadline for enrollment?

As school places are limited and it takes time to get the CAQ and Study permit, please enroll as soon as possible.  For September, we propose that the student registers by mid-May at the latest. 

Can I choose which school to attend?

Students are usually assigned to schools according to their address/host family address.  Special requests may be made but we cannot guarantee if we can entertain them.


FAQ for Adult Sector

Is ACCESS a Destinated Learning Institution (DLI)?


How much is a vocational program?

Please email us for the updated costs.

What is the language of instruction for your vocational programs?

The language of instruction for most of the subjects in our vocational programs are in English, French may be used in some subjects.

How long does a vocational program last?

Please refer to the information on the ACCESS website

Will I be eligible for Post-Graduation Work Permit Program after I complete a vocational program?

Please refer to the government website for details. For all questions related to immigration, please contact a trustful immigration consultant.
Post-Graduation Work Permit Program