NOTICE NO. 269 POSTING: 2023.05.10
CERTIFIED MAINTENANCE WORKMAN 100%
This full-time regular position is currently available, reporting to the Director of Material Resources at Riverside School Board located at 7525 chemin Chambly, St. Hubert.
NATURE OF WORK:
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in performing
maintenance, repair and renovation work falling under several building trades.
The employee in this class of employment ordinarily carries out his or her activities in places where it would be neither practical nor necessary to continuously call upon qualified workmen. He or she performs general maintenance work, such as repairing or renovating buildings, sanitary installations and simple mechanical installations. He or she may also carry out the preventive maintenance of equipment.
On occasion, he or she may be required to coordinate the work of less experienced or nonspecialized workmen.
If need be, he or she performs any other related duty.
Hold a Diploma of Vocational Studies in a pertinent building specialty for the class of employment or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority and have eight (8) years of pertinent experience.
- Have a working knowledge of the English and French language.
- Have a class V driver’s license and a car for traveling within the territory.
- Be resourceful and independent.
- A vocational diploma with a valid CCQ license or Emploi Quebec equivalent.
- A medical certificate confirming that the candidate is physically capable of doing the job will be required for all outside candidates.
- Knowledge of preventative and curative maintenance on HVAC systems.
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday from 7:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. with a 45-minute lunch.
SALARY: $993.16 for a 38.75 hour week + retention premium.
Riverside School Board has implemented an Equal Access Employment Program and encourages applications from women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities.