NOTICE NO. 156 POSTING: 2022.09.27
OFFICE AGENT, CLASS I (100%)
This temporary full-time position is available at the administrative offices of Riverside School Board located at 7525 chemin Chambly, Saint-Hubert, Quebec, J3Y 0N7
NATURE OF THE TASK:
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in performing a variety of administrative duties according to established instructions, methods or procedures and requiring routine decisions based on a limited number of elements.
- The employee in this class of employment compiles data, performs simple calculations and prepares reports; fills out forms, cards, purchase orders, form letters, notices or any other simple document of the same nature and forwards them, as required;
- The employee takes and transfers telephone calls; receives and forwards messages and facsimiles; provides information of a general nature on the telephone or in person; greets and, if necessary, directs visitors; drafts notes concerning telephone calls; records answering-machine messages.
- The employee may be required to enter, in a computer, texts and various data from manuscripts or other sources; verifies the accuracy of the data or any other data contained on a list or document.
- The employee may be required to carry out supervision in premises where aptitude tests are being
- The employee may be required to receive, stamp, sort and file mail and ensures its distribution. If need be, may photocopy documents.
- The employee uses a computer and the necessary software to perform his or her duties related to word processing, database entry, spreadsheets and in-house programs; he or she uses e-mail.
- The employee may be required to help, on occasion, colleagues with the common software and programs used.
- The employee may be required to help, on occasion, colleagues with overflow of work.
- The employee may be required to train new class I office agents.
- The employee will be required to support the office of the Director General and that of the Secretary General
- The employee will be required to respond to the correspondence received via email@example.com
- If need be, he or she performs any other related duty.
Hold a Diploma of Vocational Studies in a specialty appropriate for the class of employment, a Secondary School Diploma or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority, and have at least one (1) year of pertinent experience.
Have a basic knowledge of office automation.
Excellent knowledge of English and French, spoken and written.
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to relate well with the public and staff are important assets.
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 16:30 p.m. with a one-hour meal break.
SALARY: $782.60 to $875.00 per 35-hour week, according to qualifications and experience.
Riverside School Board has implemented an Equal Access Employment Program and encourages applications from women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities.