NOTICE NO. 254 POSTING: 2023.04.26
OFFICE AGENT CLASS I (60%)
This temporary part-time position is currently available until June 30, 2023 in the Human Resources Department at the Riverside School Board offices located at 7525 chemin de Chambly, St. Hubert.
NATURE OF WORK: The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in performing a variety of administrative duties of a complex nature according to established methods and procedures.
- The employee in this class of employment ensures that the applicable practices, regulations, directives, policies, methods and procedures are respected. To do so, he or she drafts, prepares, creates, verifies and follows up on invoices, purchase orders, receipts, lists, registers, funding requests, statistics, statements, forms, inventories and any other administrative report, table or document of the same nature; in this context, gathers, validates and compiles the necessary data.
- He or she keeps accounting books, makes journal entries, reconciles accounts, receives payments at a counter, in the mail or by direct payment, makes payments and deposits, codes expenditures, keeps a petty cash and makes purchases of a nominal value; compiles budget data, participates in preparing the budget of a unit or a department and conveys budget balances.
- He or she contacts persons in and outside the school board to obtain or provide information related to his or her duties, determines deadlines, makes practices and regulations known and conveys decisions. He or she drafts correspondence related to his or her duties.
- As instructed, the employee carries out administrative operations related to aptitude tests and administers the tests.
- The employee uses a computer and the necessary software to perform his or her duties related to word processing, database entry, spreadsheets and in-house programs; he or she carries out research on the Internet; uses e-mail. He or she may be required to help, on occasion, colleagues with the common software and programs used.
- If need be, he or she performs any other related duty.
Hold a Diploma of Vocational Studies in a specialty appropriate for the class of employment, a Secondary School Diploma or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
Have one (1) year of pertinent experience.
Excellent knowledge of English and French, spoken and written.
Excellent customer service approach.
Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office suite).
SCHEDULE: To be determined.
SALARY: $469.56 to $525.00 per 21-hour week, according to qualifications and experience.
Riverside School Board has implemented an Equal Access Employment Program and encourages applications from women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities.