NOTICE NO 165 POSTING: 2022.10.14
This regular full-time position is immediately available at the Riverside School Board office at 7525 Chemin Chambly, St. Hubert, QC, J3Y 0N7. The successful candidate will be a member of the Human Resources team and will report to the Director of Human Resources.
NATURE OF WORK: The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in performing various technical tasks related to the management of human resources, development and implementation of standards and activities related to administrative operations. As part of his or her duties, the employee may assist administrative, technical support staff and administrators.
- With the hiring of new employees, verifies and determines the academic and professional qualifications of candidates, ensures the authenticity of documents produced and checks previous work records in order to establish the employee classification and remuneration.
- Ensures the reception of all pertinent documents required to open a new file in the pay system.
- Meets with and informs new employees of their general working conditions, social benefits, and remuneration.
- Tracks employees’ probationary periods and the attainment of permanence.
- Updates and publishes priority and seniority lists.
- Handles correspondence relating to hiring and changes to conditions of employment.
- Produces and manages the databases containing information on the positions of special education technicians, attendants to the handicapped and daycare employees, as well as for vacation days, layoffs and the assignment of positions.
- Answers employees’ questions concerning their remuneration.
- Manages and follows pension plan dossiers (RREGOP, RRE and RRPE) concerning eligibility for retirement and purchase of past services (“buy-backs”). Processes requests for pension, partition of the family patrimony, progressive retirement, reimbursement of pension deductions, payments of survivor benefits and validates the participation in a pension plan of the management personnel.
- Is responsible for the annual report to CARRA: including the pay calendars, the transfer and receipt of files, annual and anticipated declarations as well as processing and submitting info and making appropriate corrections.
- Applies collective agreements, laws and other applicable regulations concerning human resource management.
- Coordinates the work of support staff in performing duties related to the implementation of programs involving technical operations and formulates suggestions and recommendations in order to improve operations within the department.
- Performs any other related tasks.
Hold a Diploma of College Studies in Business Administration with an option appropriate for the class of employment, or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
- Proficient in English and French, written and spoken.
- The candidate must have good organizational skills and be autonomous.
- Excellent knowledge of Word and Excel are also required.
- Knowledge of the different pension plans, and the GRICS pay system and GRH is an asset.
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a 60-minute meal break.
SALARY: $847.35 to $1141.20 per 35-hour week, according to qualifications and experience.
Riverside School Board has implemented an Equal Access Employment Program and encourages applications from women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people