if ("Oui" == "Oui")
Parents Advisory Committee for Students with Special Needs
The Advisory Committee for Services to Students with Special Needs (ACSSN) is a committee with the following representation:
- 8 parents of students with special needs in Riverside Schools – three from elementary school, three from secondary school, one from Kindergarten, one from REACH;
- 1 teacher representative or an alternate;
- 1 school administrator;
- 1 non-teaching professional representative appointed by his / her association;
- 1 support staff representative appointed by his / her union;
- The Director of Complementary Services, representing the Director General (non-voting member);
- 1 representative from an organization that offers services to special needs students.
The mandate of the committee, as defined in Article 187 for the Education Act, is to advise the school board on:
- a policy for the organization of educational services for students with handicaps and social maladjustments or learning disabilities
- the allocation of financial resources to the services intended for those students
- the implementation of an individualized education plan for a student with handicaps social maladjustments or learning disabilities
You may also visit amiquebec’s website – Action on mental illness
For more information on Admissibility for English Instruction under Special Authorization/Serious Learning Disabilities.
In addition, the Advisory Committee provides information on resources within the Riverside community and information sessions to parents on research and strategies to help them support their children with special needs.
The Advisory Committee meets regularly on the third Tuesday of the month, beginning with a General Assembly and annual elections in October of each school year.
Director of Complementary Services – 450 672-4010 Ext. 5446
Secretary – 450 672-4010 Ext. 6464