NIGHT CARETAKER, CLASS II 77.4194 %
This temporary full-time position is presently available at the following elementary schools:
Mountainview located at 444 Mountainview in Otterburn Park and Cedar Street located at 250 Cedar in Beloeil.
NATURE OF WORK:
Carry out maintenance work according to the Caretaking Handbook and under the direction of the School and Center Administration and the Day Caretaker.
- cleaning the premises and seeing to the proper operation of the heating, ventilation, lighting systems,
- maintenance apparatus and equipment;
- surveying the operation of the type of heating equipment which does not require the presence of a stationary engineer;
- carrying out certain maintenance work such as: some snow removal, repairs to doors, windows, furniture;
- taking all necessary measures to assure adequate security against fire and theft;
- controlling comings and goings of visitors, students and personnel in certain specific cases and according to requirements;
- supervising the work performed by other non-specialised employees;
- performing any other related task, if need be.
At least three years of pertinent experience.
Have a general knowledge of the operation of the heating, ventilation, lighting and alarm systems that a night caretaker oversees.
Have a basic knowledge of the main building trades.
To be able to communicate in English and in French.
Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision and/or frequently un-supervised.
A medical certificate confirming that the candidate is physically capable of doing the job will be required for all outside candidates.
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday, from 4:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Mountainview School with a 30-minute meal break & 8:45 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. at Cedar Street School, with a period of 15 minutes to travel between the two schools from 8:30 pm to 8:45 pm.
SALARY: $677.70 for a 30-hour week + evening premium of $0.72 per hour.
Riverside School Board has implemented an Equal Access Employment Program and encourages applications from women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities.