To the Parents of our Preschool, Elementary and High School Students (not RTL users)
In order to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic, Public Health informed us on June 16th of new directions for school transportation:
- The required meter of distance between students is replaced by a maximum of two students per bus seat.
- The same students must remain together on the same bench, every day, without change. Siblings should stay together as much as possible.
- For preschool and elementary students, it will be highly recommended to wear a mask.
- For high school students, wearing a mask is mandatory.
Note: Parents will have to provide masks for their children.
These instructions present important logistical challenges for the organization of school transport for the start of the school year. They will significantly limit the number of students who can be transported on our buses. In order to deal with this situation, we need to review our school organization. To this end, we are asking for your cooperation to complete our survey on school transportation by clicking HERE, before Wednesday, July 15, 2020, by 4:00 p.m. It is important to complete one survey for each of your children.
IMPORTANT: Your valuable cooperation is required to answer our short survey, as important decisions affecting several students will result from the information we collect.
It is important to note that we strongly encourage all parents who can transport their children themselves. This option, in addition to being safer, will allow us to limit the impact of the measures necessary to comply with Public Health guidelines. In addition to limiting or even eliminating the places available on our school buses, the measures considered include:
- Reconsidering the right to school transportation for students enrolled in daycare from three to five days;
- The suspension of service to alternative addresses (i.e.: shared custody) in favor of the service to a single address, at the choice of the parents;
- Temporary increase in walking distance.
Once again, we are asking for your cooperation to minimize the impact of these difficult choices. Considering the information received, we will have to determine which students will have access to school transportation or not. Parents will be informed of access to school transportation via the transportation slip available on Mozaïk-Portal as of August 25, 2020.
Rest assured that we will do everything in our power to minimize the impact on school transportation, but the safety of our students will take precedence over any other consideration.
Thank you for your cooperation.