The Returning Officer wishes to announce that there will be no voting on November 1, 2020, as every position was filled by acclamation.
As a result of the ruling by the Court of Appeal on September 17, 2020, the school elections will proceed under the School Elections Act. Riverside School Board is administered by a council made up of commissioners elected by universal suffrage.
Public Notice of Election (erratum)
INFORMATION FOR VOTERS
To exercise his right to vote, a person must, at the time of voting, be an elector of the Riverside School Board and be entered on the list of electors. To exercise your right to vote, you need to be on the list of electors.
To qualify to be on the list of electors, every person on polling day has (art. 12):
- to have attained 18 years of age,
- to be a Canadian citizen,
- to be domiciled in the territory of the Riverside School Board,
- to have been domiciled in Québec for at least six months,
- not lost one’s electoral rights.
To qualify to be an elector at the Riverside School Board, any elector who (art. 15):
- has a child who is admitted to educational services provided by the Riverside School Board.
- does not have a child who is admitted to educational services provided by either an English or French-language School Service Center and has sent a notice of choice.
If you wish to exercise your right to be included on the electoral list of the Riverside School Board, please fill out and return this Notice of Choice by email at email@example.com or by regular mail at 7525 chemin de Chambly, Saint-Hubert (Québec) J3Y 0N7.