Wearing face-covering is now mandatory for students of Grade 1 to 4 in schools (in common spaces, hallways & school grounds). It is mandatory for students of Grade 5 & 6 to wear face-covering in their classrooms and in common areas, hallways & school grounds.
How to use a face-covering (Government of Québec)
1. Wash your hands before use of the face covering, also called a handcrafted mask.
2. With one hand, place the face-covering over your nose and mouth. Use your other hand to attach it behind your ears with the elastic or string loops.
3. Adjust the face covering to your nose.
4. Now adjust it under your chin.
5. Wash your hands after use of the face covering.
6. Change your face covering if it becomes moist, soiled, or damaged.
7. Do not leave the face-covering hanging from your neck or an ear. Keep it on your face and avoid touching it. If you do touch your face covering while wearing it, wash your hands thoroughly as soon as possible.
8. Remove your face covering by the elastic or string loops without touching the front.
9. Fold the outer parts of the face-covering together and place it in a clean bag. You may wash the face covering as soon as you get home, along with the rest of the laundry.
For more information, please visit the Government of Québec webpage.
You can also visit the Q & A here.