Measures in force – August 2021
- Elementary, secondary, vocational training, and adult general education
Procedural masks are required for students in common areas when circulating indoors and on school transportation. However, masks are not required outdoors, in classrooms, or during Physical Education courses.
Special pedagogical projects (e.g. concentrations, Sport-études, and Arts-études programs) are permitted, including field trips and extracurricular activities.
In secondary school, proof of vaccination will be required before students can take part in certain high-risk extracurricular activities.
June 28, 2021 – Green zone
New mask directives in schools and centres starting June 28, 2021. Please see the poster below for details.
April 1st – Procedural Masks
We would like to reassure our community that all masks distributed in our schools meet current government requirements.
In addition, clinical teams and public health laboratories also carry out additional tests of samples of the products distributed to ensure that they comply with all the required criteria. We are in close contact with the Government Acquisitions Centre to ensure that the masks distributed are always compliant and safe.
March 27 – Mask Update
We are aware of the message from the MEQ and Health Canada. This weekend, we proceeded with an examination of our stocks at each school, centre, and at the board office.
All pediatric masks (child size) distributed in our schools are safe. Blue & white procedural masks (adult size) distributed in our schools & centres are also safe.
Regarding the recall, we immediately took steps to remove the gray & blue masks from our inventory and proactively worked with the schools to have them returned. New boxes of approved masks were distributed in our schools and were available to students this morning.
We invite any parents or staff member in possession of the affected brand of masks (procedural blue and gray masks identified by the code SNN200642 from the supplier Metallifer) to discontinue the use of such masks and a new box of approved masks will be given to them today.
Wearing a pediatric mask is now mandatory for Elementary students of Grade 1 to 6 in schools (in common spaces, hallways, school grounds & busses).
Wearing a procedural mask is now mandatory for Secondary students in schools (in common spaces, hallways, school grounds & busses).
Wearing a Mask
1. Wash your hands before use of the mask.
2. With one hand, place the mask over your nose and mouth. Use your other hand to attach it behind your ears with the elastic or string loops.
3. Adjust the mask to your nose.
4. Now adjust it under your chin.
5. Wash your hands after the use of the mask.
6. Change your mask if it becomes moist, soiled, or damaged.
7. Do not leave the mask hanging from your neck or an ear. Keep it on your face and avoid touching it. If you do touch your mask while wearing it, wash your hands thoroughly as soon as possible.
8. Remove your mask by the elastic or string loops without touching the front.
For more information, please visit the Government of Québec webpage.
You can also visit the Q & A here.