Education Act – Article 188:
Every school board that provides student transportation shall establish an advisory committee on transportation, the composition, operation and function of which shall meet the norms established by government regulation.
Excerpt from the Regulation Respecting Student Transportation (c. I-13.3, r.7)
The committee shall:
1. Give its opinion on each issue for which it must make a decision and on each issue submitted to it by the board. An opinion must be given within 15 days of a request, unless the board grants the committee a longer period of time;
2. Give its opinion on the planning, coordination, financing and administration of student transportation;
3. Give its opinion on the student transportation organization plan of the board and on the terms and conditions for the granting of contracts for the transportation of students, before the board adopts that plan or sets the terms and conditions for granting those contracts;
4. Give its opinion on the criteria and the terms and conditions for using a service referred to in section 298 of the Education Act, before the board establishes those criteria or sets the terms and conditions for using that service;
5. Give its opinion on the use of all or a part of the amount of a subsidy granted for student transportation that may be used for other purposes.
Lesley LIewelyn Cuffling (Chair)
Chair – Advisory Committee on Transportation